top of page

Policies and Forms

Policies and Forms

Policies and forms include downloadable forms. See below and view.

  • Does the Stevens Point Housing Authority provide emergency housing?
    Unfortunately, no. We do not provide emergency or immediate housing. All our apartments have waiting lists.
  • What are the income limits for Public Housing in Stevens Point, WI?
    Please see the income guidelines listed here.
  • What is considered income?
    Please see what is considered income here.
  • How do I apply for Public Housing?
    Your first step in applying is to complete an application. You can download an application here, e-mail or call 715-341-3444 Ext. 2 to have one mailed or e-mailed to you. Once you have completed the application, return it and all supporting documentation to the Stevens Point Housing Authority located at 1300 Briggs Court Stevens Point, WI 54481, e-mail to, or fax to 715-341-4656. Please see the Apply for Housing page for additional details.
  • What if my information changes after I submit my application?
    If your address, telephone number, e-mail, household composition or income changes, you need to notify us of the change. You may notify us of the change in any of the following ways: via phone, e-mail, fax, mail, or hand delivery to our office. Our office will always contact you by phone, e-mail, and/or at the mailing address we have on file.
  • What happens after I apply?
    Your name is placed on the waiting list. Please see the application process for additional details.
  • What sort of screenings does the SPHA do to determine eligibility?
    Eligibility is based on income guidelines. When your number is reached on the waiting list, all applicants will undergo a criminal background screening and a sexual offender screening.
  • What if I need accommodations due to a disability?
    If you need an accommodation due to a disability, please indicate that on your application, call, or e-mail the office. SPHA will attempt to accommodate any request that is reasonable and within the scope of our program.
  • What happens once I am deemed eligible for Public Housing?
    Once SPHA receives the application, your name will be placed on the waiting list. The waiting list is sorted by the date and time SPHA received the application. When your name comes to the top of the list, SPHA will call you to set up an intake interview over the phone or in the office. At this interview, SPHA will verify the information you reported on your application to determine your eligibility for housing. This information includes income, assets, deductions, and identity, as well as a criminal background check.
  • What happens when I accept the offer?
    The SPHA Occupancy Specialist will set up a move-in date and schedule you an appointment to come in and sign the lease. At this appointment, the Occupancy Specialist will explain the Lease, Resident Handbook, and other rules and regulations that govern Public Housing.
  • What happens after I move in?
    You will be required to submit annual recertification paperwork to redetermine your income. SPHA also understands that circumstances can change throughout the year. Please report all changes to your household size, income and/or deductions, to the Occupancy Specialist, in writing, within 10 days of the change. The Occupancy Specialist will determine if the change would affect your monthly rent payment. You will have at least one required apartment inspection throughout the year. SPHA will give you advanced notice of these inspections.
  • Do I have to pay a deposit?
    Yes, SPHA requires first month’s rent and a security deposit at the time of move-in. If you’re unable to pay this in full at the time of move-in, talk to the Occupancy Specialist and we can connect you to local resources to help you cover the security deposit and the first month's rent.
  • How much will my rent be?
    A tenant will pay 30% of the total monthly household adjusted gross income towards rent. The Occupancy Specialist will review this calculation with you at your move-in orientation appointment.
  • When and where do I pay my rent?
    Your first month’s rent is due at move-in and the first of the month every month after that. The grace period to pay rent is the 5th business day of each month. Click here for the various options to pay rent. If you are having trouble paying rent on time, please contact the Senior Accountant right away to develop a solution.
  • Do I have to pay utilities?
    All utilities are included at Hi-Rise Manor and Madison View Apartments. A utility allowance is given at the Scattered Site Family Homes.
  • What if I need a repair in my unit?
    If you find an item in your unit that needs repair, you are required to report it in a reasonable time. Please click here to make a maintenance request or call/leave a voicemail at 715-341-3444 Ext. 8. If you have an emergency maintenance need, please call 715-204-9707. If the damage was tenant caused, you may be charged a maintenance fee. You can find the fee schedule here.
  • Can I have a pet?
    SPHA does allow pets at certain developments, with restrictions. Please see SPHA’s Pet Policy here. Contact the Maintenance and Building Manager to help you with pet permit process.
  • Can I have someone move in with me?
    For someone to move in with you, they must be added to your Lease. The first step would be to contact the Occupancy Specialist in writing to make the request. The person must go through the same eligibility and background screening as an applicant. SPHA cannot add people to the Lease if it will cause overcrowding or the person will cause a detrimental effect on the development. You must report the birth, adoption or court awarded custody of any minor children within 10 days of the change, in writing, to the Occupancy Specialist.
  • What do I do if I want to move to a different city or state?
    SPHA’s Public Housing is in the City of Stevens Point, WI only. If you would like to move, you must give at least a 30-day notice per your Lease. Please click here for the Notice to Move Form and click here to read the move-out requirements. Contact the Maintenance and Building Manager to help you with the move out process.


Downloadable forms. Please print and complete, or contact our office for a copy.

SPHA Application

Annual Recertification of Income Form

Notice to Move Form

Parking Permit Application

Pet Permit Application

Service Animal Accommodation Application

Have a question not listed?

Visit our FAQs or Contact Us

bottom of page